Friday, April 29, 2016

Setting up for MeMadeMay16!

I'd forgotten about me made may!  I did it last year, but it was easy since I had so many things at home and had just completed a bunch of spring dresses.  This year it's a bit more challenging since my Bristol wardrobe is skewed towards storebought tops - most of my bottoms are handmade.

Handmade tops - the yellow and green are made here in Bristol out of knits.  On the storebought side, I have 4 other button-down shirts, 4 sweaters and 4 t-shirts. They almost all fit into the red/green/blue palette (with some black and white), except for a bright turquoise sweater.


Handmade skirts - I only brought one storebought knit skirt with me. The long blue one is actually the same fabric as the two blue tops from above - just photographed oddly.

Trouser/dresses - brought two sets of homemade straightleg jeans (Jalie) with trouser-style closures and some altered pockets to make them look more formal.  But both have jeans-style pockets on the back. Also brought my favorite dress ever - textured scuba fabric, loose-fitting.




I will certainly be pulling in some storebought garments during may, but I do hope to wear each me-made item that I brought at least once or twice.  That yellow skirt and the two blue tops are challenges, but I think that with some organization I can do it.  I think I'll just post weekly, because, well, I strongly doubt that my photography skills (or that of my 6-year-old daughter) are up to the task of generating interesting photos.





No comments:

Post a Comment