Friday, July 1, 2016

Fantasy friday, plus so many loose ends!

I have no madras plaid garments this year! 

In the past, I've really liked to have something to wear that falls into the "Tutti-Frutti" color camp - deep berry pinks and oranges with lime green.  The other thing I'd like to perfect is a wrap top - not a dress like was used in a bunch of sew-alongs this summer, but a top that is meant to be worn with a tank.  Vogue 8646, shortened, would fit the bill.

I like the waist shaping that you get with a wrap top, but the low-cut that requires a snap or a pin?  Nope.  I don't like it.  I currently have two long wrap dresses in my closet, and I do love them, but I am sick of the wardrobe malfunction potential and/or obvious fix.   So, in the future, I'm just going to always plan on wearing them with a camisole underneath.  Perhaps I should jump in with both feet and always plan on making a coordinating cami at the same time? 


Parents are visiting, meaning that I can't work at all on my filet crochet tablecloth.  So - I finished everything else.  Blue knit skirt with the snapped cotton seam thread?  Fixed/redone.  Final missed motif on the AC-style embroidered green skirt?  Embroidered and snipped.  White cotton/silk smocked nightgown?  Smocked.  I'll take pictures over the weekend.


So.  Twiddling my thumbs.   Almost.  I've planned yet another Alabama Chanin-style project, this one with the goal of making a tank that is really wearable.  More details in my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment