Friday, July 8, 2016

Fantasy Friday

I'm up to row 63 in my filet crochet tablecloth project, out of about 180 total.  Need to do about one row a day.  It's getting big enough that it's hard to twist around when I get to the end of a row!

New Vogues are out, with a bunch of incredibly boring dress patterns and some interesting options that I might actually sew.  I can't figure out if this would work for me at the office - I want it in that exact color - I also want her hair color, though.






But the one I really got interested in was Vogue 1517.  I've been trying to select a jacket pattern to do Alabama Chanin-style, something that I could wear open or closed and that would be work-appropriate.  I think the lines of this one are really nice - I hadn't thought of one with a zipper, but this would be easy to modify for use with snaps.  And, let's be honest- zippers are good for Ithaca weather!

I'm imagining it with a darker tone-on-tone knit with one of the larger-scale floral stencil patterns, and with the pattern just breaking at all seams in a random manner.  This somewhat goes against my desire for pattern matching, but it's what AC does in all of their jackets and I'm starting to like the look.  Probably won't go with beading on this one, although I'm tempted to do that in my next top.

https://voguepatterns.mccall.com/sites/default/files/products/v1517/V1517.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment