Monday, June 18, 2018

Wrinkles!

I think this will wrinkle less, or at least more evenly, with time, and if I don't button that bottom button.  This is after driving to work and sitting at my desk for an hour on a hot day.  So...I'm not too worried about the future (of this shirt, at least).

I like this pattern!  I'd redo the button placement next time, since I like to have a button right between my breasts.  I haven't done sleeve button tabs before and I like them.  I left the darts unsewn until everything else was done, and I think I'll do that again.  I wanted this to be a loose, comfy summer shirt that I could wear open over a tank.  After assessing the fabric drape when worn, it was easy to decide to put those darts back in (thread traced, fortunately).  I could imagine that if this had been a stiffer fabric, I might have left those out.  There is still a bust dart for some shaping, and everything lines up really well with where my parts actually are - a nice treat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment