Friday, November 30, 2018

Halting progress on my two Fortunys, with pictures!

Slowly making progress on my two garments!

First, here is the silk habotai set - It's not my favorite color, but at least I match all the woodwork in my house!  This is AFTER I lowered the neckline, so you can see that it was quite high before.  There are some bulges right under my breasts that I'm going to try to attack by pinning the pleats to my ironing board and then doing a light iron over the whole thing.  I'm wearing my currently favored set of shoes for both outfits.


With the coat.  I think I do need a closure. 


Then on to the charmeuse stretch silk one.  See the puckers?  They are all over the whole thing.  I'm going to try two things - first I'll try to stretch the whole thing lengthwise (with the pleats scrunched up) and iron it.  Then I'll try rewashing and repleating the whole thing.  It's pretty much unwearable like this.


Another view - it is still very pretty!  I love this color.


Here's what the sack dress looked like before pleating.  It's a lot of volume.  I wanted to get a "before" shot since there's a pretty big difference!


And, after pleating, also with the hem shortened by 2".  I have a bit of silk velvet in almost exactly the same color that I'll use for a belt.  I really hope I can get out the bubbles since I do really like this one more.  It matches the lining on the coat, so it goes together really well. Apologies for the odd pose-  I was trying to show the shoes AND had a 6-year-old coming in to talk at me.


It feels AMAZING.  I mean, you're wearing silk.  My kids kept rubbing themselves all over me.  If this doesn't work out, I've got a pretty amazing nightgown out of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment