Friday, June 8, 2018

Previous linen set

Just to show what got me on the Kaufman Brussels washer linen bandwagon, here is a combo I put together from New Look 6450 and a self-drafted skirt with angled gores that was based on another skirt I got from a charity shop in Bristol.  Apologies for the wrinkles- it is worse than normal since I'd stuffed it into my bike trunk on the ride in to work this morning.

The skirt is a bit off-kilter here - the bias bits seem to breathe and move around on a minute-to minute basis.  Note that I have no idea what to do with the tie.



Back - a bit risque!  Definitely have to wear one of my racerback bras for this one.   I'm at work today, but I just throw on my comfy office sweater if I need to meet with my students.   I love the texture of this fabric - it's got navy and white cross-threads so it's really detailed.


Skirt - you can BARELY see the lines of the scallops here, but you can at least see that it does sometimes hang straight.  Except for the zipper bulge on my left hip - Whoops! I'm standing slightly sideways here, so everything looks a wee bit wonky.


Anyway - my summary is that I loved the fabric enough to buy more of it in a dark brown and a white - so far it seems like the type of blend that wrinkles LESS each time I wash it.  I find that quilting cottons seem to wrinkle in the same spot each time, particularly near the hems, and that it gets worse with every washing.  I also think I'll have another go at this gored skirt, perhaps with even a bit more volume at the hem.  

2 comments:

  1. Good quality linen is amazing fabric. I have some navy here that I keep having plans for, and never actually using. Love your outfit, it looks like the perfect summer wear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I've really liked the 100% linen at Mood fabrics, too - the medium weight stuff. This blend, though, doesn't wrinkle as much, perhaps since it has the open weave/texture. I still give the hem a go if I'm ironing other things, but it could really come right out of the dryer and just be shaken out.

      Delete