Wednesday, June 6, 2018

List

I'll try (?) to get back into blogging a little bit now - Two major changes have occurred in my sewing universe.

1: I destashed.  We are leaving for England again in the spring, and are having a graduate student stay at the house while we are gone.  That, plus a general desire to declutter and be able to see the floor everywhere in the house.  So - I dumped out ALL the fabric and gave away 3 trashbagfulls of >1 yard pieces.  Also threw away all the teensy bits that I was never going to use, unless it was silk, linen or Liberty.

2: I gained a bit of weight.  Not a huge amount, but enough that my belly area feels different to me and some of the dresses that used to be comfortable now make me feel like I have to suck in all day and make me exhausted by the time I get home.  So - I'm rethinking what I want to wear and how I want to sew.  I'm 42, so I'm not terribly surprised that my body is changing a bit.

Recently completed:
Another pair of Marni scuba fabric pants using Vogue 1411 (Sandra Betzina) with a slightly higher waistband (1").  LOVE.

Elastic waist brown linen shorts.  Since I've given up.  :)  No, really, it's because it is HOT here in the summer sometimes and I need stuff to bring to Hawaii. I'm about to make another brown linen shorts pair, this time with Vogue 9008.

2 more Butterick 6016!  I'm in such a rut.  One is a gorgeous, cheap, emerald green shirting.  The other one is a Kaufman purple metallic linen (scratchy!).  The stiffer Kaufman shows that I have too much material above the bust and need to rotate a dart around somewhere.  I've done a pleat or gather on some of my versions up there, might as well try to add it in for real.

Vintage Vogue Designer Orignals 1554 (Guy Laroche) in a lightweight rayon/denim.  Meh.  It was a bear to complete and it kind of just looks like a fancy caftan on me.  Perhaps with an even lighter weight fabric.  I did get a compliment from the lady behind the counter at a coffee shop, but she could just see the collar.

There are others, but that is all I can remember right now.





No comments:

Post a Comment