Wednesday, November 28, 2018

GUSSETS

Oh my goodness - I've discovered the process of adding gussets to existing trousers that I've made, and that have ALWAYS been tight in the crotch.  I use Jalie 2907 (?) for all my trousers, even though I'm often using wovens and end up with garments that are too tight in the crotch.  The last couple I added some depth and they're better, but I have a bunch of older ones (3?) that I really like except for the tiny little fact that I want to tear them off for most of the day while I'm wearing them.

I just added an oval gusset to the crotch of an older, navy corduroy version, since I happened to have a bunch of corduroy left over from a 2nd project.  I CAN WEAR THEM AGAIN!  Now I'm going to go after two other pairs.  Yes, if you sit in front of me and stare at my crotch, it may look a little bit odd, but no one EVER does that.  Except my children.  They are interested in everything about me and it's sometimes exhausting.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment