Sunday, April 24, 2016

Corset top: done! ?

Okay - I went back and picked out/redid the trim with just a straight running stitch.  I think that it's a better match against the rest of the top - I realized that with the Alabama Chanin clothes, I EITHER am drawn to the ones that are completely plain or heavily embellished.

So, I wore it out with my family on a day of walking through parks and playgrounds.  And froze.  I was silly and only brought a light windbreaker and was shivering all day! So, the few pictures of me in just the top are when I was very cold!  Thanks to my six-year-old photographer.

Neckline closeup on the bus:

Front view:

Back view:
And some pretty flowers by the old snuff mill!





2 comments:

  1. Great fit. And a gorgeous colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! You can see the curling on the hem in that back shot, but I think I'll let it go for a few washings and see what happens. Now I need to make one of the boleros so that I don't freeze!

    ReplyDelete