Thursday, May 12, 2016

Other maxi dresses?

I'm a bit torn on that maxi dress choice - the one with the crazy fabric.  It was not the cheapest ITY fabric - 8$/yard, and the dress requires 4 yards!  So, while I really love the cover art on this one, I'm nervous about the potential "giant tent" look.

Here's the cover photo for McCalls 7383.  I KNOW I'm being affected by the styling, despite my efforts to just look at the line drawing.





Line drawing:

I suppose that the gargantuan tent of fabric is somewhat offset by the extra skin shown on top?  It's more than I normally show, but I think that is okay given that this is expected to be a summer weekend dress worn during Ithaca's brief but steamy hot season.  Plus, cardigan! 



Other, less voluminous options:

Mccalls 7404:
More defined, "goddess-like" (I tend to hate deep v-necks, though): McCalls 7381


Much plainer, would let the print take center stage: McCalls 6559

And these are just the McCalls offerings.  I suppose that the basic question is whether I want a tent dress (which I've never worn, but am intrigued by) or a column/tank dress.  I know that the print is already kind of crazy, but I am feeling a bit of a "go big or go home" impulse here.  I suppose the best case scenario would be if I could try on some nice summer tent dresses to see if I can pull that look off.  No idea how that is going to happen!!!!
 

Also, how did I never see McCalls 6645??? Someday....



No comments:

Post a Comment