Thursday, May 19, 2016

Project status -

Last night I was trying to wind down after a work telecon to the US, so I took stock of all the projects I'm currently working on.

Smocked cotton/silk nightgown - smocking 95% done.  Haven't worked on it since February.  Should pull it out and finish it (and wear it!).  I know that I'm going to need to cut off some of the superfluous lace I'd added to the cuffs, I think that that factor is making me balk at working on it further.  It's made up out of 4 yards of Kaufman Radiance fabric - absolutely gorgeous and it didn't need lace.  My pleating was wonky so the smocking doesn't look perfect, but it is still very pretty and will be incredibly soft.

Green AC skirt - one panel 95% done (sense a theme?), other 4 panels basted and ready to go. 

Tablecloth - I've worked out that I need to do about 25 rows per month to finish this in time.  For May, I currently have about 8 rows left to hit my deadline.  Of course, it would be better to do more.  I can finish one row in about a half hour or tv or radio time.  I'll have an international flight next month, so I'll get a bunch done then.

AC cami - All the construction and topstitching are done, I just need to do the binding on the arms and neckline.  I think I am going to like this, but I cut out too large of a size.  If I make another, I'll size down and raise the armholes at least an inch.

Eldest daughter is learning to crochet- we are working on chain stitch right now.  There is some frustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment