Friday, June 17, 2016

Alabama Chanin green 4-panel skirt completed!

It's done!  Err....okay, I noticed when I put it on this morning that there is one tiny motif at the bottom edge that is not outlined and cut.  I'll do that tonight (ugh).  But the rest is done!

Skirt (see the unfinished motif at the very bottom?):

I even got a poorly-lit automatic office photo taken!  I'm actually wearing it with a loose black sweater over the black t, but took that off to show the skirt better.  I'm really not that crooked in the shoulders, it's just the T pulled funny!


I did 1" elastic at the waist, with the waistband just folded over and stitched down with a herringbone stitch for stretch.  I didn't want the herringbone on the outside, though, since it's such a different look than the running stitch I'd used for the rest.  So I did it backwards, leaving the double line of straight stitches on the outside and the "decorative" part of the herringbone on the inside.

Inside:

Outside:





The skirt is incredibly comfortable!  It's a bit "subdued" for an Alabama Chanin style garment, but I think that means I'll be wearing it all the time.  I do want to try layering it over or under my plain navy version.


No comments:

Post a Comment