Monday, June 13, 2016

Updating

Alas, the Chrysanthemum fabric in the last post had sold out, but I do think that I'm getting the cabbage one delivered (always a little confusing in the fabric.com emails about lack of stock). I've updated my summer sewing grid to reflect these purchases, as well as the fairly expensive (but only half yard) upholstery fabric I bought last time around for use in a bag. I also got some pleather to use for the base and trim. I like textured fabric bags!

My 10-year old-ish black faux snakeskin bag is ready for replacement. It's just a Kenneth Cole Reaction bag that I got at TJ Maxx or something along those lines, but it is well made. It has been on a lot of flights, has been sat on in so many parks and playgrounds, has been stuffed with half-eaten crackers and apples and wet child coats. It's got holes in the outside (not in the lining!). But I do love the general lines, number of pockets, etc. I'll probably use it for a model and may pull off all of the zippers and some other trim, just for fun.

I'm done with 3/4 of the Alabama Chanin skirt panels. I'm stalled out a bit since I finally did the math and am really going to have to keep cranking on the tablecloth if I have any hopes of finishing it by Christmas! I need to average about one row a night. It takes about 30 minutes per row if I focus and make no mistakes, but I think that is speeding up a bit as I go on.

In other news, we've bought our tickets to fly back home to the US! We'd delayed, both from a lack of firm plans on a few fronts, and a general level of horror at the cost of flying 4 people one-way across the ocean at the end of July during peak holiday season. It's ugly. But we've worked out that the flights were significantly cheaper from Glasgow, and since we wanted to go up there anyway we are now going to do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment