Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Embroidery done! + Gousto review

I've finally finished all of the embroidery/cutting on my Alabama Chanin 4-panel skirt!  Here's the last panel:

(central star not showing up because of weird light reflection, but it is there and cut out!)


Zoom in on the bottom corner, where you can see where the bottom layer contains one of the original t-shirt seams:

Back is prettier than I'd expected!  I'm continuing to improve my knots and may put them on the outside a la Alabama Chanin garments at some point:

Very excited to at least baste them all together for a try on tonight, if not completely sewing them together with top-stitching and all that.  I'm going to do a fold-over channel at the top with waistband elastic instead of the fold-over elastic that AC uses.

I also tried a new thing this week - Gousto!  Here are most of the ingredients for our first 3 meals:


Gousto is one of those recipe box companies that sends pre-measured (kind of) ingredients and recipes.  They have a nice promo for your first box, and appear to send it with very nice meats - better quality than we usually get at the store. 

We're making the first set of dishes tonight but I'm already slightly unhappy with the company.  They do use some cool packaging, with a big blanket of wool fibers for insulation of the cold packs, but it still is a lot of packaging!  In this case, we needed a cardboard box for packing up some of our stuff, but I can't imagine getting boxes and packaging like this every week.

They were also quite rude over email.  I ran into a bug on their site, where the recipe that I'd just bought was not accessible through their search tool, or really anywhere.  They do send a paper copy at least, but I was trying to look at it before going home from work to see if there was anything else I needed to buy.  I tried to let them know that this was an issue, and all of their responses were along the lines of "we are so sorry that you find our web site confusing".  Come on.  If I went to my "bought recipe" area and clicked on the link, it took me back to the main page instead of to the recipe.  That's not my problem.  1 of the recipes worked, 2 didn't.  This is clearly an issue on their end.  Just left a bad taste in my mouth, which is something that you don't want from a food company!

No comments:

Post a Comment