Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Dyed and stamped


My upper layer is now stamped, with a slightly sparkly fabric paint this time.  Lower layer I dyed with blue, lightly, so that it is mottled and kind of a light denim.  I think that'll be good.  

There are a couple darker spots of navy (hidden here) but I am also adding on doing some bead embroidery this time, so it may be easy to camouflage/blend them into the rest of the garment.  Note that most of the silver will be cut away, and that I'm expecting it to fade significantly in the wash since that's what my sample did.  I tried to iron a little longer and hotter this time, but I'll be happy even if it all washed away. 

Perhaps I should construct and wash the whole thing after embroidery/cutwork, but before doing any additional beading.  That way I can choose the most suitable combo.

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh - this is gorgeous - can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete