Saturday, May 13, 2017

And another-

I had another long-in-stash project that I really wanted to get going on - a new bag/backpack for work trips.  I take a lot of 2-3 day trips on planes, and really only need my laptop, perhaps a craft, and 2-3 changes of clothes.  To avoid stress, I've been one-bagging it whenever I can.  But that means a fairly unattractive backpack and then I'm left with nothing really nice to take with me during the day to the meetings.

Enter the backpack/shoulder bag combos.  There are a few of these, the best seem to be made by a company called fjallraven.  They are basically totes where the straps can pull down and turn into a backpack.  Like this:





That's the bottom of the bag (not attached) on the right, and the top of the bag on the left.  I've had this interesting upholstery fabric in my stash for a bit - it was expensive but I really loved the print, so I bought 1/2 a yard.  That was enough to get me the front/back, and sides with a side pocket.  I'm lining it with the leftover Bemberg lining from my linen dress, although I haven't worked out the details of what sort of interior pockets I want yet.  Instead of a separate laptop compartment, I'm just putting in an elastic strap that I'll slide the laptop behind.  Saves more room for charger cords and shoes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment