Friday, May 12, 2017

Linen, linen, linen!!!

Oh my goodness.  Each spring, when I'd get all the ads from J. Jill, Talbots, etc., I would roll my eyes and grumble about how I had absolutely no interest at all in all of the wrinkly, expensive linen slacks, tunics, etc., that they pelt at us.  But somehow, this year, I got sucked in.


This is some burnt orange linen, medium weight, from Mood.  I was inspired by one of the loose tunic things that they were blogging about at Sew Tessuti, so I took my favorite boatneck dress, opened up the darts, and just cut it out!

I lined it, which was a bit of a mistake.  I used Bemberg rayon - yummy, but the difference in drape was significant.   There ended up being pulling between the neckline and the armhole that was really unattractive.  So...I put in a pleat!  This seams to be my go-to solution for shoulder issues.


Deep-ish V in the back.  Arm and neckline topstitched, hemmed at around knee-length.


I'll try to get a shot on my tomorrow, but it is looking like rain.  :( 

No comments:

Post a Comment