Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Linen

So- I've never had one of these loose-fitting linen dresses, and the jury is still out on whether I like it or not.  This is the third time I've worn it to work, so I finally got a picture off of the dress form!

It's a little wrinkly since I just pulled it out of my bike bag after cycling in.  I like the neckline and length, I think.

 The deep v in the back might need to be rethought.  It makes me look kind of like I have bad posture.  I think a continuation of the boatneck would be more flattering.


Armholes are a smidge low, and I put the pockets in a bit low as well.  I wish I'd had this when I was pregnant!  Again, it is lined with Bemberg, which keeps the coolness of the linen but gives me a nice silky feel on the inside.


I might need one in navy.  I kept the pattern - basically just my favorite bodice block split open at the darts and then lengthened.  I cut the hemline straight, which meant it would dip all over the place, then hemmed afterwards with the help of hubby.  It is actually quite straight - the pictures above are a bit wonky due to camera angle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment