Friday, June 2, 2017

Finch top and shorts

Here's an old pattern I haven't used for a while!  The "Finch" set from Clever Charlotte.  And, of course, I don't have a picture of the back, which has a deeply cut-in racerback style and is very cute on little kids.

I had this fabric in my stash for ages - a black/white one for Jeanne, a rainbow one for Mimi and another 1.5 yards for me.  Still need to make something out of that last bit so that we can all match!  Jeanne's is lined with the same fabric, Mimi's I lined with some random poly so that I had enough of the main fabric for the shorts.  1 yard is NOT quite enough to cut out the front and back pieces along the border print - I had to splice a bit on Jeanne's and Mimi's is cut more narrowly than in the original pattern.  It's all quilting cotton so pretty stiff, but perhaps not bad for summer.


Glamour shot

The shorts are a bit of a bubble, with tighter cuffs that pull them in. 


I've cut out my version - a racerback project runway A-line tunic.  No need for interfacing!

No comments:

Post a Comment