Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Skeeters

My little girls look like they are in a horror movie of some sort.  They are COVERED with bites.  Huge welts.  I alternate between looking at them and wanting to hug and pet them and hide them away from the big mean mosquitoes forever, and yelling at them to stop scratching.  We've been outside.  A lot.  I tackled a garden that hadn't been worked on for almost two years, trimmed rhododendrons, divided hostas and hellebores and geranium, planted new hellebores and geranium varieties I bought through Breck's, and cried a little when I realized I'd missed the big local charity plant sales.  Next year!  I dug a trench and moved a cubic yard of dirt away from the house, then covered the remaining surface with gravel.  I organized the garage shelves and cleaned the basement.  I remembered to unscrew the caps of my dandelion wine occasionally so that the bottles don't explode.  I weeded and weeded our front roadside so that it's ALMOST all just perennial periwinkle/vinka again.  I hate creeping jenny and Virginia Creeper.  I tried and failed to fix the sagging gutter on the back of our house.

I made 1 more silk shell, one silk slip, and have one of each to still work on.  I made a very tight, double layer french terry skirt and french terry swing tank a la Alabama Chanin (except that the knit is rayon, not cotton).  I went to Lamont for a work thing today, driving 3.5 hours each way and stopping at IKEA on the way back to get a bunch of plastic bins for the girls and a bunch of dimmable LED chandelier bulbs for our dining room (those are AWESOME by the way).  I drove over our bike, which my husband had paid 90$ to fix and tune up the day before.  Bike is okay.

I didn't cook or take pictures of anything except for Mimi, who has been in a "take pictures of me" mood.  Unfortunately, she is usually partially undressed, so none of those are going on the internet! Jeanne showed her how to make simple loom band bracelets by hand (i.e., no loom), so I came home to two girls who were decked out in bracelets, anklets and chokers.

I should take some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment