Thursday, August 10, 2017

-

My crazy geo fabric has shipped from spoonflower!  Won't arrive for a bit, though.

Our other news is that Cornell has tentatively approved us to go on another sabbatical!  Not til 2019, but we have to get started planning now since the deadlines for various funding sources are coming up (some in September!).  We are really excited, though - we will most likely go back to Bristol since we had such a wonderful time there last go round.  I can't believe that it was just a year ago that we got back!

We've had friends from college visiting with their daughter, lots of time at work, and possibly a breakthrough for me that makes the late evenings frowning at my computer all seem worth while.  And so - the only sewing I've done was this evening after dinner for 15 minutes - quickly serging a kids rashguard that I cut out last fall!

However, I've done some pattern browsing.  I'm very keen on trying a wool melton skirt and bolero jacket, perhaps using this Simplicity pattern:



And I want some pussy bow blouses, perhaps plain front with a keyhole back neck.  I may start with this Burda one and leave the buttons. I even have a transparent crepe I could use to muslin - wasn't sure what I was going to do with that!



Oh, and it's silly of me, but I totally want to make one of these slips, too:

No comments:

Post a Comment