Monday, July 23, 2018

Vogue 8577 complete





Here is my finished version of Vogue 8577 - I cut the shorter length, included the collar but did not include the sleeves.  As you can see, I chose to NOT do that full shirtdress with an opening down the front.  I also didn't line it.  Slight crookedness in the collar here is just because it is tucked in al wonky - it's fixed now.  Also, wrinkles!  This is actually day two of wearing it, after sitting at work for 4 hours.  So it needs some ironing.





Back view, showing how it is gathered at center back.  I like all the piecing for the back bodice, too.  I topstitched everything for emphasis.





Aaand... a side view. Doesn't add a whole lot, but I took it! Pockets are lined with brown linen from my brown shorts.

2 comments:

  1. That looks much nicer than on the pattern illustration. Especially the lack of a full shirtfront! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I really like this fabric and dress - I'll probably make it up again at some point this fall.

    ReplyDelete