Friday, July 20, 2018

New sewing plan!

Here's what I'm planning for the rest of the summer:



The dark blue is a cardigan, and the purple jacket is going to be my foray into more sophisticated tailoring approaches - I expect it to stretch into fall, but would love to be able to wear it to class sometime before Christmas!  The crazy turtle dress is fabric I bought in Hawaii - I have an early September meeting in Palm Springs that has a light "Hawaiian shirt" theme and I always try to have a new item to wear.  At this point I have quite the collection!  I'll bring a cardigan to cover the tulip back gap when appropriate.

I may make the purple layered dress out of an old sheet set that we have!  But it'd probably be better out of something even more flowy.  I'll check around - this may be something where i need to purchase fabric.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I've already had problems with that drapey dress - I'll blog about my muslin of it soon.

      Delete