Wednesday, October 5, 2016

I'm still here!

I'm around!  But very busy.  In part, that's because we are now fully into soccer season and school, and work has been layering thing after thing on top of me.  I need to find a better balance between sewing and exercise.  I'm also coming down to the wire on my crochet tablecloth for my mom, so that has been taking up some of my valuable hobby time.


Things added to my craft docket:

Burgundy tablecloth with some sort of sparkle for my mom's birthday.  This one will fit their huge table, and I want to decorate it with some form of gold or silver paint.  I wanted just small dots around the edges, but have been having trouble with figuring out how to do that without having it look like bad puffy paint.  I sprung for the expensive jacquard-brand metallic paint.  Stenciling looks best, but it would be difficult to get the density of dots that I want with stencils (i.e., I'd have to wait a long time in between for drying)

Costumes:  Jeanne got an amazon-bought roman soldier costume, but still needs a cape.  Mimi wants a full on princess dress in red satin, and we decided to make me one too!  I figure this may be the only year where she actually will notice that I'm dressed like her AND wants me to do so. So, many, many yards of cheap satin were bought.

Pattern: Mccalls 5731, view A and D:  Mine will have the longer sleeves and is dark purple with a white sparkly center panel, and Mimi's is red satin with the same white front panel.



The girls have also been practicing face paint on me.  This did not come off easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment