Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Simplicity 1197

Okay, this is a fast one.  Simplicity 1197, the dress version.  I made this in a mustard textured ponte, which I'd already used in my favorite blue workdress.  But I'm not happy with this one.  Too much yellow, and I'm not at an age where I'm happy with a straight length of fabric from my neck to the hem.  If I don't suck in continuously (I'm wearing underpinnings here, too!), my tummy makes a very noticeable bump right there in the middle.  And who wants to be worrying about that?!  My wider hips do better with a separation at the waist, in general.  So - lesson learned.  Okay, I already knew that, so it's more just that I need to listen to the voices in my head.

With a necklace it's not such an uninterrupted stretch of yellow.  But I do blend into the doorway quite nicely.  It's a heck of a lot worse without contrasting tights.

No necklace - where did she go????
No way I'm showing the back on this one. 

The solution is clear.  Cut it off below the belly button and I've suddenly got a nice work top.  Boo-yah. 

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful dress! I am hopping from Pattetn Review com. I've just bought the same pattetn. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And good luck on your make - if I do it again I think I'd make the color-blocked version.

      Delete